Breathe some rosy freshness into your spring wardrobe. Scroll down for our green-beauty and eco-fashion picks in the rose, soft-coral and cream hues that are going so strong this season. Layering clothes is the perfect strategy for looking good while stylishly managing even temperamental spring weather.
1. H&M Conscious 2-Pack Tops, Black and White (US$13). These soft jersey Ts hug the body, making them a perfect base layer and also cute basics on their own. Organic cotton.
2. Woodzee Collette Wood Sunglasses (US$100, 20% off for newsletter sign-up). Big, bold shades give you added glam umph — plus polarized 100% 400UV protection — under the newly emerged springtime sun. Made in the USA, Recycle Program.
Buy from Woodzee>
3. Ilia Prima Essential Shadow Palette (US$44). Newly released for spring, it’s just starting to hit retailers and is already selling out. No wonder. The colors are perfect for the Spring/Summer 2017 fresh-faced look and wardrobe colors.
Buy (or reserve) yours from The Detox Market>
4.Reformation Clayten Top in Sawyer (US$128). This corset top is super cute on its own or over a fitted T. The curve-hugging lines serve as a chic counterpoint to the looser-line jeans so popular this season. Made using more socially responsible practices and a savings of 11 lbs of carbon dioxide, 209 gallons of water and 1 pound of waste vs. the industry standard.
Buy from Reformation>
5. Osmia Detox Exfoliating Mask (US$50). Leave skin bright and petal soft two ways. Use this powder as a scrub to buff away winter greys, or enjoy a deeper cleanse from its purifying clays, raw cacao, manuka honey and activated bamboo charcoal by mixing and applying it as a mask. Cruelty free, non-toxic, natural and organic, made in the USA.
Shop it at Citrine>
6. Nudus Lip Euphoria in New Spring Color, Ruby Rose (US$34). New from Nudus, this intense rosy red softens lips with active natural ingredients while it adds a vivacious splash of color. Nice for pulling red flourishes into your outfit. Natural and organic, non-toxic, cruelty free, made in Australia.
Buy from The Choosy Chick>
7. The Sway Roma Aviator Biker in Nude (US$600). A modern classic, but brightened up, this jacket protects from wind and stays on trend over a hoodie or sweater on a chillier day. Upcycled leather, SEDEX and SA-8000 certified ethical manufacturing.
8. Angela Roi Eleanor Satchel in Dusty Rose (US$220). A classic, structured bag, its color walks the line between coral and light rose. Easy to wear and neutral, without being boring. Vegan EPUL (excellent polyurethane leather), cruelty free, sweatshop free, charitable.
Exclusive to Bloomingdale’s>
9. Aila Nail Polish in Kelly (US$17). Paint on this clean rosen color to match the accessories in this outfit, or try Sarang for more pow and to play beautifully with the new Nudus lipstick in Ruby Rose. Cruelty free, vegan, 8 free, made in the USA.
Find it at Aillea>
10. Coclico Oahu Slide (US$350). Mules are back! Cute and an easy wear, you knew they would be. Instead of the the usual neutral, slip on these chunky-heel suede Coclicos for a soft blush of spring color. Made by a family-run factory in Spain using locally sourced materials, cleaner production methods and carbon offsets.
11. RE/DONE High Rise Crop Flares (US$328). Find your own, unique pair of vintage Levi’s, lovingly reworked to bring them up to current fashion trends. Upcycled, recycled, with low-waste, non-toxic processes. (Re-)Made in the USA.
Choose your RE/DONEs>
What ethically made fashion brands and styles are you loving this season? Have you tried any of our green beauty picks? Your thoughts? Do tell in the Comments section, below.
Thinking of buying anything from one of these brands or stores? Please click any affiliate link in the article to make a purchase. You’ll help support us, so we can bring you more green-beauty and eco-fashion articles like this one.